Serving in the Mississippi Jackson Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Friday, August 21, 2015

I Love the Atonement...

August 17, 2015

Hi ya'll!:D

Not a lot happened this week but it still was a awesome week, me and Sister Elms have exchanges with the Diamondhead STLs tonight and we just remembered, they texted us and asked if we were excited for tonight. And were said what's tonight?  So tomorrow I get to take over the area for a day, yay lol I'll be fine though I've done exchanges in Picayune before so I'm used to it.

Yesterday we had dinner with one of the members and she can't hear, so when me and Sister Elms shared a spiritual thought Sister Elms had to turn what I was saying into sign language. It was really cool and the member seemed to understand. Sister Elms is trying to teach me sign language. So far I know several colors and a couple of letters. (and some other random stuff)  I know a couple of insults too and for some reason I have a easier time remembering the insults lol Things like weird, dumb, and stupid.

A couple of days ago when we were knocking doors we met this guy named Glen and we taught him the Restoration he really liked it and he accepted a Book Of Mormon. He said a couple of things about losing loved ones and not understanding why they died or where they go. I told him that we had several messages we shared with people and one of them talked about where we were before this life, why were here, and were our loved ones go after this life. I told him that this message can and will answer some of his questions and that it has brought me joy and peace in my own life. I also said this message helped me know who we all truly are and just how much God loves us. We said we would love to come back and share that message with him if that would be ok with him and he said yes. Me and Sister Elms are excited to see him again and hope it will go well when we see him on Saturday.  

We saw Jean last Saturday and it was a really good lesson. We taught her the Gospel of Jesus Christ and she loved it! When we got there she told us that she read something wonderful from the book we gave her. Me and Sister Elms gave a big print version of the Book Of Mormon, D&C, and The Pearl Of Great Price. She absolutely loves the Book Of Mormon and today she told us that everyone needs to know about this, about what she was learning. I told her that I wasn't sure if she remembered us telling her about the Plan Of Salvation and the spirit world. But I told her about how everyone has a chance to learn about the gospel and how there are missionaries in the spirit world teaching people right now. Jean told us that her dad had never gone to church and that he didn't know God or Jesus. She said "So your saying that my dad still has a chance to learn about this?" We told her that all of her family still had a chance even those who had passed on and Jean started crying. She was so overwhelmed and she kept saying several times how wonderful and amazing that was. She put her had on her heart couple times, and it was amazing to see how much that touched her. We told her that once she gets baptized she can go to the temple and get baptized for her family. And she can help them accept the gospel. Jean loves the temple! She's seen a picture of the Salt Lake Temple several times and every time she sees it she gets excited. We know so much, our church knows so much and it's the best feeling in world when we tell people about these simple truths and to see their faces light up and see the Holy Ghost touch their hearts. I don't know how people go through their lives without knowing all the answers to these questions. But that's why were here serving missions, to teach people and help the feel the joy we feel. To bring them eternal and wonderful truths and help build God's kingdom on earth. Because of this gospel we know who were truly are and why were here. Because of the Plan Of Salvation we know that we will see our loved ones again. Because of the gospel we have truths that we need and that bring us eternal joy and peace. Because of the Atonement we can not only ask forgiveness for our sins but we can change. Our nature can change and we really can became like our Savior. Through the Atonement we can return with our Heavenly Father and we can completely heal from mistakes we all make. I love the Atonement and I know it's something I need everyday. Not just once a week but everyday, growing and changing is essential to God's plan. And if we don't change and turn away from sin we can't become like our Father in Heaven. I'm so grateful for the Priesthood. Without it I wouldn't be able to be sealed to my family for eternity. But because we do have it I won't ever have to imagine my live without ya'll. Sorry ya'll, your stuck with me forever lol:D I'm so grateful for parents that taught me the importance of living the gospel and keeping the commandments. I'm so grateful for the scriptures, that help me when I am discouraged. I know that we need to read and study them every single day if we want to root our selves in the Gospel. Along with that, we need to pray consistently and fervently I know that now is the time to prepare to meet God, and if we don't use his time to become like him and closer to him than we better start now. I LOVE Alma 48! And the theme of that chapter spiritual preparation. I know that we need to be living the gospel and that it is the only thing anchoring us through our lives. I know that Joseph Smith truly was a prophet of God and that he did translate the Book Of Mormon. I know the gospel is true and I wouldn't trade the knowledge I have for anything in the world! Thanks mom and dad for being the best parents ever teaching me the way to true and lasting happiness is living the gospel!:D Even though a simple thank doesn't even begin to cover how you and Dad have done for me:D Hope your having the best day ever!!!!!:D #GodIsGood

Love, Sister Keables