Serving in the Mississippi Jackson Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

I'm Getting Transferred!

April 10, 2016

Hi Ya'll!

I have some news...I'm getting transferred! I'm going to somewhere in the Shreveport, Louisiana! Leaving areas is the worst, I love the members and my investigators, and my comp. But I'm so grateful that I had a chance to serve here and meet some incredible people. Apparently, Heavenly Father needs me somewhere in Shreveport :D

A few days ago when we were tracting we met this really cute older lady named Janice. We started talking to her and somehow we got on the topic of art. She told us that she loves art and then invited us into her house so we could see it. Janice is a super creative lady, she had stuff made out of clay and some of her paintings were really good.  After that we went back outside and we started talking more about God and scriptures and staying on the right path. We had actually found Janice's teaching record a few days earlier and according to the record, she's be taught at least the Restoration. We asked her if she wanted a Book Of Mormon and instead of saying no or being a little hesitant she said she already has one and reads from it often. She also said that she believes it to be the word of God. Me and Sister Mellor were both surprised because most of the a good portion of the time people aren't the most accepting about the Book Of Mormon. We set a return appointment and we're planning on seeing her today at 5.  Keep us in your prayers!:D

Ok so I would tell ya'll some of the things I learned in General Conference but I don't have my notes with me so......I might have just to tell ya'll in letters :D Yesterday I was reading a talk in the Ensign and it was about studying General Conference talks. This lady talked about how much of a difference it made when she really studied and internalized what the apostles and our prophet were saying. She said it completely changed how much she got of it, and how it was they most wonderful General Conference. So that's something I've been trying to do the last few days not just read the Ensign but ponder and study the talks. She also talked about preparing for Conference by studying talks in the past. Mom, I would beyond LOVE to watch General Conference in person!!!! That would be the most amazing thing ever! I think I'm doing to watch General Conference at the church building from now on because I get way more out of it!!:D  

Anyways I got to go but love ya'll and have a wonderful day! Also tell Indie happy birthday for me!:D

Love, Sister Keables

Some of my favorite members




Me and the Rays~ I love them! 



Tracting


Me and the Summerlands