Serving in the Mississippi Jackson Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Friday, May 20, 2016

"I am so happy that I decided to serve a mission..."

April 18, 2016

Hi ya'll! :D

I'm now in Shreveport!! And yes Sister Williams is actually in the area right next to me!! So I'll get to see her a few times this transfer! I saw her p-day because she was getting a new comp too, and we literally ran to each other! lol Sister Greenhalgh is my new comp and she is awesome! She just barely got done being trained, she's a steller missionary! She's from Texas and loves being a missionary. We get along super well and we both feel like we've known each other for much longer than just a week. I love her and am pumped to work with her and in this part of the Lord's vineyard! :D So far its been a great transfer, and it's only the first week! 

First off, happy birthday to my little bro! I can't believe how old he is getting! He's growing up too fast! I hope he had the best birthday ever even though his favorite sister is all the way in Louisiana :D

Yesterday I got to meet the ward, and so far I love this area! While I was introducing myself to people this member in the ward asked where I was from. I told him California and he said that served his mission in CA, Sacramento. I told him that I have cousins there, and that I live in Chico 3rd Ward. This is the cool part/crazy. He served in our ward 15 years ago! So when he was there I was five! The members name is Brother Marmato (Not sure if I spelled it right) He doesn't really remember the names of the people in our ward and he asked me who some of the families who are in Chico 3rd, but I honestly don't remember what families in our ward have been there forever. Who was the Bishop 15 years ago and who was the ward mission leader? If ya'll could find that out for me that would be awesome! Thank you!

This last Thursday we got to help with the flood clean up, and it was so fun! We did nine hours of service, and it was the best thing ever! When I was told I was coming to Shreveport, the first thing I thought of was the fact that I would get to help with the flood clean up!:D In my last area we asked if we could come and help and they said no. Dad, you be so proud of me. I held a crawfish and took a pic with them:D

Ok so me and Sister Greenhalgh met this really funny old lady. We were teaching her the Restoration and we got to prophets. I asked her what a prophet was and she said, "I'm just a little old lady trying to get to heaven." My first thought, "And how is that a prophet?" Me and Sister Greenhalgh were trying so hard not to laugh.....We failed miserably lol Luckly the little old lady was trying make a joke, so we had some excuse to let our laughter out  :D #ILoveThe South :D

20 days till I get to FaceTime ya'll, and I can't wait! I love ya'll and miss ya'll! And I also love being a missionary! It's the best thing ever! I am so happy that I decided to serve a mission, and I've learned so much. It truly has changed my life, and it has been the best year of my life! Guess what ya'll! Sister Mozingo emailed me and told me that the Stricklands are getting sealed in the temple December 17th!!! Sister Mozingo is planning on going, and she told me I have to be there. lol I was already planning on going because I have to see my family sealed together! I am beyond excited for them; I love them so much!

Anyways that's what happened most of the week:D I have to go but love ya'll and have a great day!:D

Love, Sister Keables












 Tracting in Louisanna! 

 Love Southern homes! 




 Best day ever  :D  #floodcleanup











 There happened to be a fair in our area.  


 Service!