Serving in the Mississippi Jackson Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

We're Literally Their Adopted Daughters!

June 21, 201
Hey everyone!! 

Sorry I didn't email y'all yesterday, we had Zone Conference and it was so GOOD! Have Tyler, Jordan, or Spencer tell you what that is. We learned a lot about repentance and the atonement. I took a lot of notes, so I can't really tell y'all the things I got out of it. We have good news, we don't have bed bugs! Yay! Lol One of the senior couples came and checked it out, so now we don't have to worry about that. 

Y'all something scary happened last night! and don't freak out because we're fine now.  Last night when I was in the shower someone knocked on our front window and just a few seconds later went to our back door and knocked on it a few times. I didn't hear any of it, but Sister Stephens and Sister Carter were talking on their beds when they heard it. Sister Carter and Sister Stephens both thought it was me so they came to the bathroom door and asked me. I thought they were playing a joke on me, so I didn't think anything of it. When I came out, they were in our room and told me they had heard knocking and both of them had prayed about whether or not to call someone. Both of them did not feel safe, and we called our Zone Leaders and they told us to call President. Our mission President told us have a member come over. There's this family in the ward named the Lee's, and we're literally their adopted daughters lol Anyways, we called them and they were at our apartment in 5 -10 minutes. By the time they got to our apartment we were all freaking out a little and super relieved when the member and his wife came. Brother Lee checked around our apartment and had brought a gun with him. He didn't find anyone outside, thank goodness. Today we're going to the police station to make a report, or tomorrow, if don't have time today. The members stayed with till almost 12 to make sure we were safe.  Hopefully, it won't happen again. 


This past Sunday the Lee's daughter, Heather, took us out sight-seeing because she's leaving today. 
We went to this place called the bayou, it's pretty much a swamp. It was really pretty, but the water was gross because there's this plant that is covering most of the water. Sister Carter was really scared because right before that a member had told us all about the dangerous animals living in the bayou: Gators, poisonous snakes, spiders, and other gross things. 
We also went to place called the 3 states. It's where borders of Texas, Louisiana, and Arkansas touch. 

Y'all, our mission President just called us and told us that Sister Carter is getting transferred to Monroe, LA! What the freak of nature?! Didn't see this coming! I got to go but love y'all and have an amazing week! 

Ps. Sister Stephens is going home next transfer! Tell Megan congratulations for me!!

Love, Sister Keables