Serving in the Mississippi Jackson Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

This week has been sooo GOOD!


August 22, 2016


Selfie!! 

Hey Y'all!!!

This week has been sooo GOOD! We have seen so many miracles and tender mercies! First off, I've been given the opportunity training a new missionary!!! My comp's name is Sister Rueckert, and she's an amazing missionary!! She's taught me a lot so far, and I'm pumped to work with her the next 6 weeks! I found out that greenie fire is real, and I love it! She is determined to work hard and to be exactly obedient! She's from Salt Lake City, Utah. 
There's been a ton of rain the last 3-4 days somewhere around there. But none of it is really affecting where we live.  Yesterday our bishop announced that next weekend they need members to go to Baton Rouge, Louisiana to help with the flooding. 

Just going to go over the highlights from the week. 

Tuesday: Not a whole lot happened because that was transfer day, so I was waiting for my new comp most of the day. Sister Williams my previous comp was there all day as well, so I got to talk to her and spend time with some other missionaries.  Sister Rueckert arrived at 4:30 and that's when they told me I was training her. We had to travel home, which takes a little over an hour because Queen City is far away from everything. We went and saw this family that's semi-active and had a good visit with them. By the time we went to bed we were both so tired!

Thursday: We finally caught Dock and Diane at home! We talked to for a bit, just seeing how they were doing and then asked if they had read the chapter we left with them last time. They told us no, so we read with them and asked them to finish the chapter. Later day we went tracting and met this awesome guy named Peanut! We started with asking him questions and getting to know him and then shared the Restoration.  The Spirit was super strong and amazing! Peanut is great and very open and teachable. We set a return appointment for the next day. 

Friday: Had a really good lesson with Liz about the healing power of the Atonement and how it helps us to let go of the past. I love it when I feel like the Spirit is really speaking through me; it's the best feeling ever! The Spirit was really strong, and at the end of the lesson Liz told us she felt great and that she could conquer the world. 

Sorry y'all, a lot more happened this week, but I've run out of time! I'll tell y'all more next! I wish I had time to tell y'all more about the great week we had.  Let's just say for now the work is really picking up:D Love y'all and have great week!

Love, Sister Keables