Serving in the Mississippi Jackson Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

My mission has changed my life...

July 25, 2016

HEY EVERYONE!!:D

This past Saturday our ward had a fish fry, and one of the members rented a bounce house! There wasn't a huge turnout, but it was still fun.  The members gave us some of the extra food, so now we'll have food for days!! haha I mostly ate dessert because I'm still not a big fan of fish. Have y'all ever rented a bounce house? Because I don't ever remember us ever renting or getting in one. So I'm assuming Saturday was my first time, the only problem was the fact that i was in a skirt :( 

Anyway, there's this really awesome lady named Mary we met a few weeks ago. She told us a lot about her childhood and the rough the things she's been through.  Mary is a super sweet lady. This last week we stopped by to see her, and she told us that she's told everyone about us and how kind we were. Mary has a lot of potential and is really open. She was hurt in the past though because of a preacher and since then she refuses to go to church. So she's open to learning more about Christ, but not so much going to church. Mary told us that she knew God had sent us to meet her and share what we know, and she felt like there's something different about us. We were going to teach the Restoration, but it just never seemed to come up. And from what she's told us, it doesn't sound like the Restoration would help her needs and concerns. We talked a little about repentance but mostly it was her talking about her problems:D I think when people see our tag, they also see counselor and therapist.  We can't but they can lol Not complaining, I just think its funny:D 

We had a few good lessons with Liz this week, but the best one was a few days ago. A member named Joyce Ward came to the lesson with Liz and we talked about prayer. It was a really good lesson and defiantly inspired! Liz expressed several concerns and we talked about how prayer could help her and it was defiantly what she needed to hear! Also in the beginning of the lesson Sister Ward told Liz she used to smoke and started around the same time she did! We, or at least I, had no idea that Sister Ward used to smoke, and she was able to help Liz and understand where she's coming from, so that was awesome too!:D 

We also saw Zina this week, and she came to church! She's still praying about her date which is the13th of August but from what she's told us, hasn't received an answer yet. She's doing well. We asked her yesterday if we could meet with her twice a week instead of once and she was all for it. We heart attacked them last week because it was her daughter's b-day and brought them brownies. It was a lot of fun, but the best part was decorating the daughter's car too. We COVERED the door in hearts and put several on Quan's car:D That's daughter's name, and she's super sweet and cute. 

Charles, the guy we told y'all about last week, fell of the face of the earth :( We called him and he hasn't answered, which is weird, and we've stopped by his house a few times and still hasn't answered. Last week, when we met him, he seemed super awesome and prepared, so were not sure what's going on with him. We refuse to let it get to us because Satan is just trying to be stupid and discourage us, but as long as we do our part and did our best then the Lord will bless us. One of things I've learned from the Book Of Mormon is that when Satan tries to get you down, just trample right over him and keep going!:D 

Y'all I hit my 17 month mark next month?!! I can't believe how quickly time is flying by! It's hard sometimes not to think about it, but I'm trying my best not to. I still have time and I want to give my all and give the Lord my very, very best! I promise him more than a year ago that I would give a full 18 months of my life, and he hasn't forgotten me for it. I would have never had guessed or imagined the experiences, people, friendships, areas or memories I would gain. My mission has changed my life, and I'm beyond grateful for how much it's changed me. I have loved it so much, and it will always be something I'll cherish and always remember :D Love y'all and have an amazing week!

Love, Sister Keables!

We made elephants! 




 Now this is real time country :D


 The bugs here are massive!