Serving in the Mississippi Jackson Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Friday, March 20, 2015

First Message From the MTC!

Excited much? Just kidding mom I’m excited too!! :D lol I've been dying for p-day and its finally here! Things are good here, I'm still sick but getting better. Ryan is dying to hear from me? Wow, time really does change people! jk lol. Wish I could tell you more about the first day here, but I don't remember it super well (shocker lol) It’s been eight days since I got here and it feels like weeks. I can't believe I only have four days left! 

The MTC is intense and hard. Not loving it quite yet but pretty close, there is a TON of study time but our teachers tell us that once we leave we're going to miss it. Probably one of the few things I can tell you about the first day is that all the new missionaries as a big group taught three people our first day! It wasn't scary though, and it definitely was a humbling experience. Our first day EVERYONE was saying welcome to the MTC, and yesterday we got to say that to everyone arriving. Even though we've only been here for a week we feel so old lol.  Well not really old, just not brand new. The rest of the day is kind of a blur, it was busy but that's all I really remember. I don't really like the food that much here, it reminds me of what cafeteria food would taste like at a high school. (even though I've never been to one)  Really missing your cooking mom:) 

So you know how I was all excited to be on my own? to not be nagged lol. Guess what?! I have a new mom! lol My companion is Sister Kidd and she's really nice and funny. She is also quick, organized, and she also has a lot of other things I really like about her and value. She wants to be exactly obedient, which really helps me to be exactly obedient too. She's a really good example to me, and she has this saying that I really like. “Obedience brings blessings but exact obedience brings miracles.” And we're definitely being very blessed in our lessons. We're setting goals as a companionship and really trying to be exactly obedient. Sister Kidd and I have three investigators we're teaching, plus a member. A couple of the investigators might be members but we're not sure. At least every other day or everyday Sister Kidd and I are teaching lessons to our investigators and member. Most of our lessons have gone over well, and I really love the teaching and our investigators. It might be my favorite part of the day! lol  

We have the best district EVER!!! There are four sisters and four elders, and each person brings something fun and unique to the group. The elders are great and really feel like brothers to me, and the others sisters too. Elder Holyoak is probably the funniest elder and we all love to tease each other. (Kinda like our house lol) When we try to focus and study as a distinct it’s hard because we're always laughing at something someone else said or did. Yesterday our teacher was talking to us about language and he mentioned sarcasm. The minute he said that we all look at each other and started laughing. It was great, now it’s on out list of district goals, to not use sarcasm, but it’s going to be tough. lol 

Mom, I got your package yesterday and didn't open it till the end of the day. I was soooo excited to open it the whole day lol. THANK YOU!!!!! I literally ate the whole bag of gummy worms less than an hour after I opened the package:) Also thanks for the Dear Elder letters. I look forward to them every time I get one. Can you tell the YM and YW in the 3rd ward thank you for me? They sent me a letter and everyone signed it. Tell them I loved, loved, loved it! And I miss them all a lot!! Mom and dad keep sending those letters please, love them more then I put into words!! 

I'm learning so much at the MTC and I love that I’m becoming a better missionary! I'll tell more about what I’m learning next email


I really have to go now, but miss you lots and sorry I didn't send any pictures, but I will next time!!! P.S. next email will be sent from Mississippi!!!!!!!!!