Serving in the Mississippi Jackson Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Monday, March 30, 2015

I LOVE Mississipppi/people!!!!!!

HI mom!!!!:D

You'll be happy to know that I LOVE Mississipppi/people!!!!!! I'm doing really well and loving my mission. The people here are so nice and friendly…most of the time lol Can you please send my denim shirt? And maybe my belt buckle, thank you!!

My companion's name is Sister Moffett, she's really nice and is a great teacher! She's from Mesa, Arizona.

Vicksburg is really nice and the people here are just great. They're super funny, and they say the oddest things sometimes. Yesterday we saw the river and it was SOOO pretty! Unfortunately, my camera was dead so I wasn't able to take any pictures, but I will for sure next time and I will definitely send them to you.

The people are very open and love hearing about Jesus Christ. I met most of the members yesterday at church and they seem great! Can't wait to get to know them better :)

First day after getting settled, we taught a lesson. So, yes, I taught the first day :) There are a ton of teaching opportunities in Vicksburg. This week we had 12 new investigators!

Loved the General Women's Meeting! There was a little girl sitting next to me who kept drawing me pictures, it was super cute.

A few days ago, we taught a guy named Jonathan who I met for the first time. It was a really cool experience and here's what my companion wrote in her journal about it, "Sister Keables’ sincere prayer and sweet testimony was exactly what he needed. She started crying during her testimony and so he like shot forward out of his chair, kneeling down in front of us, extending his arms. She (not yet fully aware of how southerners roll) was like 'I'm sorry, I'm not allowed to hug you'. And I was like 'he wants to pray'. So mid-testimony, we joint hands and he just started prayin."

It was a funny/spiritual experience, and it’s been so amazing being able to have experiences like that a few times a day! lol
I really have to go but really fast, I know the church is true with all my heart and I'm so grateful for the chance to service my Heavenly Father.  I know I was called here for a reason and its already strengthened my testimony so much!:)

Last thing please tell dad I'm sooo sorry I wasn't able to respond to his email, and that I'm definitely going to respond next week! I had several emails to respond to and I just ran out of time. Please tell him that I love him and miss him, and I’ll try really hard to respond next week!<3:)

Love you Mom, Dad, and Ryan.
Sister Keables <3 <3