Serving in the Mississippi Jackson Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

I Made It To Mississippi!

I made it to Mississippi! I just met my trainer and she seems really nice, her name is Sister Moffit. Just like when I arrived at the MTC, I’m not talking much to other people, and I’m really tired. I'm sure I’ll love it here after a few days, but for now I’ll be praying a lot for strength and comfort. I didn't get any sleep on the plane, so I can't wait to go to bed tonight. lol My first area is Vicksburg (Editorial Comment: Vicksburg is right on the border of Mississippi and Lousianna.  And right on the Mississippi River.),  and it has lots of history and museums. Dad, I thought of you when they told me that. lol 

Yesterday we we're supposed to be at the buses at 3:30am, and all of the sisters in our district woke up at 3:36!!  I literally woke up, got dressed, grabbed my bags, and left with the sisters. We made it to the bus, but because we were late none of us got to say goodbye to each other.  I was really sad to leave the MTC.

A few days we before we left our district, I had a really cool and amazing experience. One of our teachers was pretending to be a less-active member and it was our job to bring him back to the church. It was really cool because we tried really hard to teach/help by the Holy Ghost. It was amazing how the Spirit guided our questions, and how strongly each of us felt it. Just by asking the right questions, and good questions, you can really help an investigator or a less-active member. One of my favorite things I’ve learned is the only way to help/teach is by the Spirit. If you don't have it, then you can't really bring others unto Christ. I've learned so many great things, and I can't wait to bring the gospel to others!:D If you have a chance, look up “Character Of Christ” By David A. Bednar, it’s sooo good!!:)

As promised, I have pictures!!lol All are from the MTC, and I’ll probably send more from here next week. Sister Kidd is the one with glasses standing by me the in most of them. Also, two of the Elders in my district are with me in Mississippi. 

Can you tell Beth I loved, loved her letter and tell her and Alyssa to email me. Thank you!:) 

Got to go, but tell dad happy birthday for me, and I think he's the greatest dad in the world!:D Miss and love all ya;) And can't wait to talk to you and everyone else in less in two months!

Love, Sister Keables!!!:D

P.S. Last thing. Guess what!? I saw Karly Manwill at the Temple!!! While we were taking pictures she came up to me and really surprised me lol