Serving in the Mississippi Jackson Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

I love baptisms!:D

July 9, 2015

Hi Mom!
A little information about my new area and companion. I love Picayune and the people here are really funny too:D Picayune is more flat then Vicksburg and a little smaller, and it has more swamps. My new companion, Sister Elms is the greatest person ever and a wonderful missionary. We have a lot in common and are really silly together:D She has two brothers and loves everything country and rustic:) We get along really well:D

What was your favorite thing about girls camp this year mom? I wish i could have gone with ya'll, maybe I'll go after my mission :D Did ya'll enjoy your 4th of July? Did ya'll do any fun it? Me and Sister Elms had a really fun 4th of July. The Bishop in this ward had a BBQ and he invited the whole ward.  It was really fun and me and Sister Elms went all out for it lol We both dressed up in red, white, and blue.  I had to borrow Sister Elms clothes though because I didn't have any summer cloths that would be cool enough:D We were very festive lol  The best part about the BBQ was what happened to one of the members. The Bishop has a pool and it's not the in ground pool.  He also had water guns, which me and Sister Elms took full advantage of:D Us and a couple of the members started attacking each other with water guns and after a bit we went after Brother Beasley. It was his wife's idea lol Awhile after we got him Sister Beasley was standing in front of the pool refilling her water guns. Elder Lovell and Brother Beasley slowly walked up behind her and then threw her into the pool lol It was really funny and the minute she got out of the she started stocking up on water guns:D
Later that day, one of the members took us to see a firework display and that was really fun too:D

A couple of days ago we had dinner at a member's house and they fed us venison stew, it was sooo good!!! I had three bowls and would have had a little more if we hadn't eaten it all lol It's a lot like beef stew, but just with deer meat. After we had dinner with the Nova's another member invited us over to have dessert. This family is the Beasley's and I love them!:D They're a awesome family and they make some really good dessert! I don't know how to spell what they call it but they were a little bit like scones. After we ate me and Sister Elms were in venison stew and scones coma, we were so full! lol

I almost forgot to tell you guys about Miss B's baptism, actually Sister B:D The baptism went really well and it was wonderful to see the light illuminating from her face after the baptism. She was really happy and you could see a difference. I love baptisms!:D It's a beautiful ceremony and the promises you make are powerful and great promises.  We're actually seeing her today and she's teaching us the Plan Of Salvation.

Got to go but love ya'll and have a great week!:D Sorry for such a short email

Love Sister Keables!!