Serving in the Mississippi Jackson Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Saturday, January 2, 2016

I love the Gospel, I love my Savior!

December 14, 2015

Hey Everyone!!!

Ok, so a lot of stuff happened this week but the best part was the that one of the Seventy came and talked to us!! Last week on Thursday we went to Louisiana, Manoro for a conference and Elder Erich W. Kopischke spoke to us for about 2 in a half hours or almost three. It was SO GOOD! He started with saying that he didn't plan a talk or agenda beforehand.  He told us to write down questions we might have and than gave us a few minutes to write them down. After that he said we could ask him the questions we wrote down if we wanted to. We talked about the Sacrament and the sacredness of it, and how we should take the opportunity each week to make it a spiritual experience. We talked about listening to our investigators, observing, and discerning so that the Spirit can guide us. Every time someone asked a question he answered it with a scripture. He was really blunt and bold with us but also very loving.  He was super funny to:D I received a lot of personal revelation and all the questions I wrote down I received a answer to. I love how we can receive personal revelation and by doing that we're strengthening our relationship with Heavenly Father and learning to recognize the Spirit. The whole time Elder Kopischke was talking I was trying to soak up as much as I possible could. Elder Kopishke also did practices with us and it was really funny watching some of the missionaries role play with him. One of the Elders I served with, Elder Bennett and his companion went up and did a role play with Elder Kopishke and it was sooo funny. Elder Kopishke role-played some random stranger on the street and Elder Bennett and his companion's job was to approach him. They were so awkward, and Elder Bennett was just being a goof. You kinda had to be there to see how funny it was, but all the missionaries were laughing so hard! And after the meeting I actually got to talk to him and thank him for all that he said and taught us. I learned so much, and I absolutely loved it! I was so motivated to go out and work after that! And I couldn't wait to apply all that I learned at that big missionary meeting we had with him. I love learning, and it was amazing to learn from him and to feel the Spirit so strongly throughout that entire meeting.
 
We also got to hear from him at State conference on Saturday and Sunday. I got to see some of my Vicksburg people at Stake Conference and that was so fun to see them and give them hugs! The reason I got to see them is because they're in the Clinton Stake which is where I was 6 months ago:D  I wish I had more time to write but I need to go. I love the gospel, I love my Savior! And I CAN'T to talk to ya'll in 11 days!!

Almost forgot last week we made a Nativity out of RockStars because our elders left a whole punch of them in the car after we swapped the car on Wed. We were going to throw them away but we decided to be creative instead:D We worked really hard on making them detailed as ya'll can tell:D

Love, Sister Keables
We are pretty proud of our creative Nativity :D
 Me and Sister Williams 
 I found Garfield! 

 We tracted around this gorgeous lake! 


 Just some of the kind of places we tract