Serving in the Mississippi Jackson Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

She Could Talk For Days On Days About Jesus Christ...

January 18, 2016

Hi Ya'll!

So this week I have a few funny stories, and I'm going to start with one I forgot to tell ya'll last time I emailed. 
A week in a half ago we were knocking doors and that week we were biking. We were on the way to our focus area, which is a good minute away from us even more so when we're biking, and on the way it started pouring rain, and we were biking uphill lol:D It was so fun! We were soaked, but luckily nothing in my bag got ruined. So once we got to our focus area we started knocking doors. The first door wasn't interested but the next house we met this lady named Dotisy, that's her legit name:D She's this cute little old lady and she let us share a scripture with her. And like most people in the South she could talk for days on days about Jesus Christ:D She brushed our knees and in her words she said "Ya'll are soaking wet!" "Do you want to use my dryer?" So this cute little old lady let us dry our coats and skirts, literally an answer to my prayers. It was kinda awkward because for the most part the whole time we were talking to her me and Sister Williams weren't wearing skirts. Fortunately, I had a slip on and both of us were wearing black tights lol. And while we were talking to her she offered us something to drink, and she offered us pot roast that she had. Dotisy is literally our grandma :D When we left she said the closing prayer and she told Heavenly Father that she had adopted us lol She's so cute:D

Yesterday we were knocking doors and it was in a really nice neighborhood. I think we had been knocking doors for a good minute when we walked up to this one house and  Sister Williams did not see the step right before you got to the door. She almost face planted the pavement but she put her hands out right in time. We both were laughing so hard probably a little more me than her:D That same night we were tracting we met this really nice couple that let us in and we shared the Restoration with them and gave them a Book Of Mormon. And they said we could come back, so were really excited about that:D

A few days ago we went and visited this less active named Allen D. and he's so funny! I hope ya'll get to meet him someday.  He's my favorite person in Florence. He's starting to read the Book Of Mormon more too, which is a big step forward because when I first met him he wouldn't touch the Book Of Mormon or Bible. I love it when people really start studying and reading the Book Of Mormon and it's amazing to see it change people's lives everyday. 
Well I have to go but love ya'll and thanks for being the best family in the world! #Gospel's true! #MissionaryForLife! 

Love, Sister Keables

 When you can't think of anything else to eat! :D 
 Thanks everyone for all the Christmas gifts and treats! 
 Tracting in a really nice neighborhood...


 Our little Christmas tree :D