Serving in the Mississippi Jackson Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Saturday, March 5, 2016

The Purpose of the Atonement isn't Just to Cleanse us but to Change Us...

January 25, 2016

Hi Everyone!

This week flew by but it was a great week! Mostly because funny things happened almost everyday:D  The best part of our week was meeting this lady named Ray.  She is super nice and awesome! We met her while knocking doors, we actually met her husband first because it was my turn to introduce who we were. I didn't even get halfway through our little speech when he asked if we wanted to come in. We asked him if there was women at home and he said that his wife was home. We went inside and he went to the back room. He didn't say anything, he just left us in their front room. It was a little awkward for a few minutes because we were just standing there. Then his wife walked in, really surprised and asked who we were. We told her and then asked if we could share a scripture with her about faith. She said yes and we ended up having a really good discussion about faith and how it can help us in our lives. Ray told us that we were an answer to her prayer, which was super cool! She told she was looking for a church and she's been trying to increase her faith. We left her Alma 32 to read and asked if we could come back, and she told us yes:D A few days ago we saw her again and she actually read most of the chapter we left with her! That made us so happy because a lot of the time we ask people to read something or do something and they don't do it. Last time we saw her we taught her the Restoration and it went really well. We're seeing her tomorrow and we can't wait!

Guess What?! IT SNOWED IN MISSISSIPPI!:D It only snowed for like 30 minutes but still I didn't think it was possible to snow here. It snowed Friday and Saturday and it was in the 30s all day, it was so cold! Plus we were on bikes this week lol Both me and Sister Williams were wearing two layers of gloves with hand warmers and two layers of tights, socks and layers under our coats! We got so many weird looks from people, we loved it! One of the joys of riding your bike as a sister missionary is the weird looks you get from people.  They probably think we're crazy but we don't care, it's worth it for Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ:D Friday and Saturday were my two favorite days out of this week because they were so fun. I'm so glad we went out and worked both of those days, we would have missed so many opportunities to teach people and meet awesome people.

Saturday morning we went and saw some of our investigators, April and Kristen. We went with the intent to review the Restoration with them, but we actually ended up doing service for them. We helped the make breakfast and we helped clean. Sister Williams washed their dishes and I mopped their floor and wiped things down. We had so much fun! We ask people all the time if we can do anything for them and they almost always so no. So we had a great time doing service for them:D And after we helped make breakfast they asked if we wanted to stay and have breakfast with them, by that time it was around 12. We told them we had to go, and Kristen offered to make us a to go plate. We told her thank you and that we would love that. I love them! We did share a scripture with them and say a closing prayer. After we left we biked around the corner and sat on the road and ate breakfast:D We're so weird. They didn't put any spoons, forks or knifes in the to go plates, so we had to use our fingers to eat lol Sister Williams didn't want to use her fingers to eat her chocolate chip pancake so she put her plate up to mouth and ate it that way. We ate chocolate chip pancakes, bacon, biscuits, and sausage. That was our lunch and it was so good!

That was pretty much our week!:D Being a missionary is the best thing ever, and I love that I get to spend 18 months working and serving Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and making great memories! I love the change I get to see in people everyday but the greatest change I've seen is in myself. I love the people I meet and teach and I wouldn't change these past 10 months for the world! I've learned what it really means to be a disciple and I don't just want to be the best missionary I can be but truly be a disciple in everything I do, think and say. I've learned more about the Atonement of Jesus Christ in the last 10 months than I knew before coming out on mission. The purpose of the Atonement isn't just to cleanse us but to change us into who we have the potential to become. I could talk about the Atonement(:D) for days and days, but we need to go grocery shopping. I know the Gospel is true. I know the Book Of Mormon is the word of God and was translated by Joseph Smith through the power of God. And I know that by living the gospel we can return back to our Father in Heaven:D Love ya'll and thanks for being awesome! Talk to ya'll next week!

Love Sister Keables

With our Elders 


 My Knight in Shining Armor :D
 Thank you for the package!! 

 Me and Sister Williams :D