Serving in the Mississippi Jackson Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Saturday, March 5, 2016

I love doing service for others...

February 29, 2016

Hi Everyone!

This week's been a little crazy.  So we had transfers on Tuesday and my new companion was supposed to be at the Clinton building for me to pick her up. Apparently there's two sisters with her last name and they accidentally got them confused.  My new companion Sister Mellor was still in Rustin, Louisiana. I had to spend Tuesday night and Wednesday morning with our sister training leaders because Sister Mellor couldn't come till after district meeting, and you're never supposed to be alone. Tuesday was a stressful day to say the least:D But Sister Mellor arrived save and sound after our district meeting and she's awesome! She's a little quiet, and she seems really cool! She's from Erda, Utah, and enjoys painting and reading! And is a killer missionary! The first thing I told her when I met her was that I hoped she was ready to work hard and be exactly obedient! To which she told me that she's pumped!:D

Thank you mom so much and everyone else for the packages, cards, and just being so thoughtful! I loved everything and helped me have a really fun birthday!
Sister Mellor wasn't too excited about driving when I told her that she was driving lol I told her hopefully she wouldn't have to drive for long.  She doesn't like driving either! lol
So last week I started sending daily scriptures or quotes to members, less actives, investigators, and anyone else on our phone, and it's really fun! I love doing service for others, and it doesn't matter to me what it is as long as its helping them:D We are called to bring others unto Christ, whether that be through smiling at someone or sending them a daily scripture. There are all kinds of ways we can bring others unto Christ or serve them, and that is something I've learned a great deal about while serving as a missionary. I've found that true joy is found in Christ and serving others. We all promised when we were baptized to "mourn with those that mourn, comfort those who stand in need of comfort", we promised to help our brothers and sisters anyway we can. And if we keep our promises, his Spirit will be with us, which is one of the greatest gifts he can give us. All I want to do when I get home and now is serve! I really want to become a temple worker and serve as much as I can!:D Darn I'm running out of time! Love ya'll and thanks for being such amazing, incredible, wonderful, Christ-like people! And for all that ya'll taught me growing up, for always being there for me and being such good examples in my life! Love ya'll and have a wonderful day!

Love, Sister Keables